Are you new to the idea of using affirmations or did they not work well in the past? Try short positive affirmations. Maybe, it’s time to give them another shot. Take a different approach.
Using short positive affirmations can actually change your life. Although, they may not work for everyone, for some they make an incredible impact. Sometimes easy things get too complicated. I will show you how to get back to the basics.
This is the technique that has worked well for me. Please let me know in the comments what has or has not worked well for you.
Keep it simple! There are many things in life that are hard to do. Those things will deplete willpower so I like to keep certain things simple.
First I think about areas of my life I want to improve. Areas like, how I treat my son or my income. Any area you want to improve is a good place to start. Maybe, it is very obvious. Maybe, there is an area that you MUST improve.
Next I brainstorm small sentences that explain the life I intend to live. Not as things are it the present but, how I want them to be. Write them as if you already have it.
Then I mark ones that make the biggest impact on me at the time. Write them down on a 3×5 card.
From there the card gets taped to my bathroom mirror. I say them out loud in the morning. I vividly visualize what it looks like to have or be what I am saying out loud. This is by far the most important part. Then I go about my day knowing my mind is directed for improvement.
Before bed I go through the same routine. Speaking the short positive affirmations out loud with the vivid visualization. Go to bed with the faith that those things are improving in my life.
I have found that 3 to 5 affirmations is enough at a time. I know that I can’t make real changes in my life if there are too many to focus on. I give each card a couple of weeks then evaluate the impact. I may have to tweak a few words or I might have something more important that has come to mind.
Feel free to use some of my examples below.
- I am an amazing father.
- I am proud of the father I have become.
- I always do what is best for (kids name).
- I am my son’s Superhero.
- I am the best dad in the world.
- I am a money magnet.
- Money comes to me effortlessly.
- I always have plenty of money.
- I have an abundance of money.
- Money comes to me in many different ways.
- I have a positive outlook on every situation.
- I am an extremely positive person.
- Everything that comes into my life is positive.
- I only focus on positive things.
- I always think positive thoughts.
- I feel amazing.
- I am in awesome shape.
- I am made of steel, nothing can hurt me.
- My body is a masterpiece.
- My body is improving everyday.
- I always get my work done.
- I take pride in the great work I provide.
- I love doing the work that I do.
- I am an expert in my field.
- I am grateful for my job.
These are just a few examples to get you thinking. It will work best if you come up with your own but, feel free to use some of these. You can also google just about any topic of affirmations you want to see.
Using short positive affirmations can hep program your mind to go the direction you wan to go. They can change your perception of yourself. A negative perception will become a negative reality.
Let me know how this works for you. I would like to help in any way I can. You can be the controller in every aspect of your life. Try this out and see how easy it is.